B. A. A. Wins Fencing Tournament.

The final round of the New England Fencing Tournament, which was held in Providence on Saturday night, was won by the Boston Athletic Association team. By winning in this final round the Boston Association won the tournament and the fencing team championship of New England.

The scores made on Saturday night by the various teams were as follows: B. A. A., 6; Worcester Fencing Club, 5; Providence Y. M. C. A., 5; Harvard Fencers' Club, 2. The total scores for the three rounds of the tournament were: B. A. A., 21; Providence Y. M. C. A., 15; Worcester Fencing Club, 11; Harvard Fencers' Club, 7.

The Harvard team fought nine bouts in the final round. Hitchings defeated Estabrook of the Worcester team, and was beaten by Fletcher of Providence and Allen of B. A. A. Burchenal won from Burlingame of Providence, and lost to Clapp of B. A. A. and Kilgore of Worcester. Henderson lost to Butterworth of Providence, Shepard of Worcester and Cabot of B. A. A.

James P. Parker, secretary of the Amateur Fencers' League of America, refereed the final round. The judges were J. L. Lawrence of Worcester, W. A. Brownell of the B. A. A., Heath of Worcester and W. L. Phillips of Providence.