Cambridge social Union.

The work of the Cambridge Social Union has been extremely successful during the past winter, especially in the educational department, in which several Harvard students have been teaching.

The most popular courses have been the elementary ones, grammar, arithmetic and spelling, and special interest has been shown in the three Spanish classes. The courses in music have attracted many, some of whom have shown considerable ability. There has been a slight increase over last year in the attendance in all the classes except those in dancing. The number of those who join for library privileges is steadily increasing and the library has become one of the best patronized departments.

The educational work has been under the direction of E. L. Adams 1G. for the past year. K. B. Emerson '02 has been appointed director for next year. The following Harvard men have taught courses this year: C. W. Nichols '01, T. J. Bosworth '01, H. W. L. Dana '03, N. F. hall 1G., C. M. Underwood 1G., R. G. Wellington '02, A. F. Bailey '01, S. Stickney '01, E. R. Greene '01, L. Hayward '01, J. F. Jennings '01, W. E. Hocking '01, K. B. Emerson '02, H. P. Nash '01, M. J. Wall '01, G. S. Forbes '02, G. G. Whitney '01, D. Fliegelman '04.