Professors on Leave of Absence.

Six members of the Faculty are on leave of absence this year--Professors de Sumichrast, Francke, Lyon, B. O. Peirce, Taussig and Baker.

Professor de Sumichrast is at present in England, and expects to spend the spring in France. He is engaged, among other things, in translating the works of Theophile Gautier, a well known French author, critic and journalist, who died in 1872. Professor de Sumichrast expects to finish the translation before returning to this country.

Professor Francke has been traveling in Switzerland, stopping for some time at Berne. He is at present in Germany, and plans to make a considerable stay in Berlin and in Flensburg, his native town in Schleswig--Holstein. He is rewriting in German his "History of German Literature," and is also selecting specimens for the Harvard Germanic Museum.

Professor Lyon of the Divinity School is traveling in Egypt.

Professor B. O. Peirce, who has not been well for over a year, returned from Europe about a month ago and is staying at Beverly, Mass. He is feeling better for the trip, and expects to resume his duties at the University next fall.

Professor Taussig is resting at Merau, in the South Tyrol, Austria.

Professor Baker has been traveling in England and France, is at present in Switzerland, and may go to Italy in the spring. He is continuing his study of the drama.