Cambridge Social Union

At the Cambridge Social Union a large number of Harvard students will conduct classes in the Educational Department this year. Besides academic subjects, manual training also will be taught. The courses for men will be in reading and writing, spelling and dictation, elementary French, German, advanced German, elementary arithmetic, algebra, geometry, vocal music, piano playing, shorthand, bookkeepping, and typewriting.

Men and women who become members of the Social Union pay one dollar a year; but to those who enter the classes, except the special classes, the charge is one dollar more a year. For special classes there is an extra charge of one dollar for each course.

For all those under sixteen years of age, the membership fee is fifty cents a year. These junior members have the privileges of a well selected liorary, occasional entertainment, and for the boys an attractive game room, with one evening a week devoted to military drill or physical culture.

Thursday evening October 9, has been set as the date of the general opening of the Union. The building is on Brattle street, next to Brattle Hall.