King's Eligibility Doubtful.

E. O. King 2L., who has been playing at centre on the University football team, was unexpectedly withdrawn from the Harvard eleven in the game against Pennsylvania as the result of a decision reached by the Athletic Committee, early Saturday morning. When King first became a candidate for the team, he produced a certificate from the athletic committee of Indiana University that he had been a member of the regular football team of that university for three years, and that he was eligible for one more season under the four years rule. On this information he was allowed to try for the Harvard team, but it transpired later that in addition to his three years as a regular representative of the University of Indiana, he had during his freshman year played on a mixed team containing players not then in college. This team was hardly up to the standard of the eastern school teams, as organized football was only just beginning in his university. There is a difference of testimony and of opinion as to whether the games during his freshman year constituted representation of the university; but the Athletic Committee ruled him out, in the belief that he had had his four years within the spirit and intention of the four years' rule. It is unlikely that he will be restored to the team for the Yale game.