CROSS COUNTRY MEET TODAY.

Six Colleges to Compete at Morris Park. Harvard's First Entrance.

The intercollegiate cross country run will be held this afternoon at 2.30 o'clock at Morris Park, New York. Teams have been entered by Harvard, Yale, University of Pennsylvania, Princeton, Columbia, and Cornell.

Each college may enter fifteen men, but of this number only seven take part in the race. The four men of each team finishing first qualify for places; each place counts as many points as the actual position of the man in finishing, and the team having the smallest total wins the meet. A gold medal will be given to each member of the winning team, and prizes will also be given to the teams finishing second and third, and to the man making the best individual record, The run will be held over the regular steeplechase course, a little over six miles in length, and divided into five laps with eight hurdles and water jumps to a lap.

Harvard was admitted to the association last year and consequently this is the first time that a team has been entered for the meet. W. G. Clerk 1G. will act as captain of the team. Cornell won the meets of 1899 and 1900, while that of last year was won by Yale. The Harvard team is as follows: W. G. Clerk 1G., W. A. Colwell 2G., J. H. Hall '02, A. King '03, J. H. Stone '04, R. M. Walsh 2L.