CO-OPERATIVE ELECTION TODAY

President, Secretary and Director from Faculty to be Chosen at 4.30

The annual meeting of the Co-operative Society will be held at 4.30 o'clock this afternoon in Lower Massachusetts. The business to come before the meeting will be the consideration of the annual report of the Board of Directors and the election of a president, secretary, and a member of the Board of Directors representing the Faculty of Arts and Sciences.

The plan of incorporation adopted by the members of the Society on November 25 provided for the election at this meeting of eleven directors including the president, secretary, and treasurer, nominations for which should be made by the Board of Stockholders, and for which additional nominations might be made by petition from twenty-five members of the Society. If no additional nominations should be made for any office, or if less than one hundred votes should be cast at the meeting for the election of these officers, the nominees of the Stockholders should be elected, the president by the Board of Directors, the other ten officers by the Stockholders.

The Board of Stockholders, consisting of Major Henry L. Higginson, Professor LeBaron R. Briggs, Professor Samuel Williston, Professor Harold C. Ernst, and Professor Wallace C. Sabine, have made the following nominations:

President, Professor L. J. Johnson: treasurer, W. M. McInnes; secretary, Professor J. H. Gardiner.

Directors--From the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, H. R. Meyer; from the Graduate School, K. L. Mark: from the Law School, Professor J. I. Westengard; from the Medical School, Dr. F. B. Mallory; from the University at large, A. A. Ballantine; from the Senior class, Roger Ernst; from the Junior class, J. A. Burgess; from the Sophomore class, R. W. Leatherbee.

The following additional nominations have been made for president, secretary, and member of the Board of Directors representing the Faculty of Arts and Sciences: for president, C. H. Ayres, instructor; for secretary, G. Ireland 1L.: for member of the Board of Directors representing the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, C. L. Bouton, instructor.

Inasmuch as no nominations for treasurer and seven other of the members of the Board of Directors have been made in addition to those made by the Stockholders, there remains to be considered by the members of the Society at this meeting only the nominations for president, secretary, and member of the Board of Directors representing the Faculty of Arts and Sciences.

The duties which have heretofore been those of the president are to be divided under the incorporation between the president and a treasurer, the salary of the former to be $300 per year, and that of the latter, $500, the total amounting to the same sum as paid the president for the past year.