Golf News.

The scheduled team match at golf against Wollaston yesterday was not held owing to the failure of four of the Wollaston team to appear. Brown, Wadsworth, Richardson and Proal, however, played Smith, Freeman, Pope and Porter of Wollaston, and were defeated in a close match by one hole. Smith, with 81, made the best individual score; but Proal, who made 82, was the only member of the Harvard team who played in form. The scores follow: HARVARD.    WOLLASTON. Brown,  0  Smith,  6 Wadsworth,  4  Freeman,  0 Richardson,  0  Pope,  3 Proal,  4  Porter,  0   --  -- Totals,  8  9

The second team's match with Oakley second has been postponed until later in the week. There will be no more team matches for the University team previous to the Intercollegiate Tournament. Between May 12 and 17, an interclass tournament will be held. In addition, invitations have been extended to all candidates to compete in the following events:

Open handicap tournament (medal play) at Wollaston, May 14.

Open handicap tournament (medal play) at the Country Club, Brookline, Thursday, May 22. The 16 competitors handing in the best gross scores will play off for the Country Club Cup--May 23 and 24.

Handicap vs. "Bogey," Friday, May 23, at the Country Club, Brookline.

Further particulars in regard to these events may be found posted in the CRIMSON office.