LAST OPEN PRACTICE TODAY.

Begins at 4.45.--Yard Concert Tonight. Rehearsal of New Songs.

The eleven will have its last hard practice before the Yale game this afternoon. It will begin at 3.45 and will be open. The team leaves tomorrow, and will merely go through signal practice before its departure.

The playing of the first eleven yesterday was far from satisfactory, and although this was due in part to the bad weather and to the fact that some of the men had done some hard work in the morning, it was in the main inexcusable. Both on the offense and defense the team was slow. The three centre men lacked energy and the ability to get the jump on their opponents. The backs were fairly successful on the offense, but gave the line little support on the defense. The whole team played too high. The only improvement noticeable was in Kendall's work. Throughout the season his weakness has been poor defensive work and failure to help in the interference, but yesterday he succeeded fairly well in overcoming these faults. On the other hand there was a decided slump in the line bucking of Ellis, who was unable to make any headway through the line.

In the practice game between the first and second elevens the first scored three touchdowns and a goal from the field. For several minutes after the kick-off the second kept the ball most of the time in order to give the first some defensive drill. Finally W. R. Lawrence fumbled a punt on his own thirty-five yard line and Campbell fell on it. Sawin and Kendall then carried the ball along by short gains until Sawin broke through for the touchdown. J. Lawrence kicked the goal. After this touchdown the first eleven improved somewhat on the offensive, and Kendall and Sawin made consecutive gains, though Ellis was not effective. Sawin soon kicked a drop-kick goal from the twenty-five yard line. The second and third touch-downs were made in short order, the second on good gains by the halfbacks and the third on a fifty yard run by Devens with brilliant interference. Time was then called.