Groton, 12; Freshmen, 0.

The Freshman football eleven was defeated by the Groton School team at Groton on Saturday, in an uninteresting game, by the score of 12 to 0. Although the wet weather was more favorable to the Freshmen because of their superior weight, they were outclassed by their opponents in nearly every department of play. Their team-work was poor and the men lacked aggressiveness. The backs were slow in starting and the linemen played too high and did not work together. Groton's team-work, on the contrary, was very good and the formations, for the most part simple line plays, were quickly started and well executed.

Groton scored in the first half after ten minutes of play by successive gains through the line, and in the second half made a touchdown in much the same manner after eight minutes of play Starr and Derby of Groton played the best game of either side.

The line-up: HARVARD 1907.  GROTON. Sargent, Thompson, l.e.  r.e., Hadden Clark, l.t.  r.t., Auchincloss Sibley, Bacon, l.g.  r.g., Fish Cuniff, c.  c., Howe Emmons, r.g.  l.g., Boyer Devonshire, Fanshawe, r.t.  l.t., Ogilby Hall, Lockwood, r.e.  l.e., Bacon Tweed, Taft, q.b.  q.b., Starr Leatherbee, Waterbury, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Derby Macdonald, White, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Cutting Reynolds, Dearborn, f.b.  f.b., Rose

Score-Harvard 1907, 0; Groton, 12. Touchdowns - Derby, 2. Goals from touchdowns-Jenkins, 2. Umpire-Craighead. Referee-Metcalfe. Timekeeper-Mr. Peabody. Time-20 minute halves.