1907, 6; Boston Latin, 0.

In an unexpectedly close game the Freshman eleven defeated Boston Latin School yesterday, by the score of 6 to 0. The playing of the Freshmen was disappointing, although the Boston Latin team showed considerable strength. Frequently the Freshmen were held for downs and were unable for the most part to gain successively. The runners did not follow what little interference could be formed, and the line held weakly, allowing their opponents to break through and tackle the runner for a loss. There was little evidence of team-play, nor did the men help along the runner, when tackled, to any appreciable extent, few players seeming to know where the ball was.

Boston Latin, considering its light weight, played a commendable game.

Leatherbee scored the touchdown in the first half, and kicked the goal. During the rest of the game, however, the ball was kept almost entirely in the centre of the field.

The line-up: HARVARD 1907.  BOSTON LATIN. Sargent, Nichols, l.e.  r.e., Callahan, Estabrook Brill, l.t.  r.t., Weber, Woods Emmons, l.g.  r.g., Ramsey Fraser, Bacon, c.  c., Fitzpatrick Wellington, r.g.  l.g., Fitzgerald, Tobin Osborne, Clark, r.t.  l.t., Fotch, Moulton Lockwood, r.e.  l.e., Kelly, McLaughlin Sortwell, Taft, q.b.  q.b., Laughlin Leatherbee, Waterbury, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Murray White, Higginson, MacDonald, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Freeman Reynolds, Mollen, f.b.  f.b., Somes

Summary--1907, 6; Boston Latin, 0; Touchdown--Leatherbee. Goal--Leatherbee. Referee--Metcalf. Umpire--Vanderbilt. Linesmen--Tweed, Harvard, and Norton, Boston Latin. Time--15 and 10 minute halves.