SENIORS WON CHAMPIONSHIP.

Defeated Sophomores 36 to 0.--Senior Backs Were Very Fast and Accurate.

The Seniors won the class football championship yesterday afternoon by defeating the Sophomores 36 to 0. The Seniors showed their superiority at the start of the game by scoring one of the four touchdowns made in the first half, after only one minute of play. Throughout the entire game the Sophomores were never in possession of the ball outside their own territory. Much of the scoring of the Seniors was due to the weak tackling of the Sophomores. The Senior backs were especially fast and accurate and had no difficulty in making large gains either through the centre or on end plays.

In the first half the Seniors kicked over the Sophomore's goal line. On the return kick Carpenter caught the ball and by clever dodging, carried it over for the first touchdown. He also kicked the goal. Three more touchdowns were made in quick succession by Sawyer and Lloyd. Carpenter kicked two of the goals and Jackson one.

In the second half the Sophomores kicked off. The Seniors ran the ball back to the middle of the field and from there carried it steadily toward the Sophomore goal until Robinson was pushed over for the fifth touchdown. Jackson kicked the goal. The last touchdown was scored by Lloyd after a series of rushes starting from mid-field. Pierce kicked the goal. During the last few minutes of play the Senior team was composed almost entirely of substitutes.

The line-up: 1904.  1906. Blagden, Souther, l.e.  r.e., Hooper, Emerson Donald, Peirce, Wise, l.t.  r.t., Gill Rainsford, Sanger, l.g.  r.g., Thayer Parkin, Pickhardt, c.  c., Sloan Jackson, r.g.  l.g., Moller, King Lloyd, r.t.  l.t., Upton Harrison, Fisher, r.e.  l.e., Tucker, Wilder Carpenter, Brannan, q.b.  q.b., Newhall Robinson, Howard, Forbes, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Lupien Switzer, Carr, de Rham, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Williams, Preston Sawyer, Howard, Forbes, f.b.  f.b., Emmons, Harrington

Score--1904, 36; 1906, 0. Touchdowns--Carpenter, Lloyd 2, Sawyer 2, Robinson. Goals--Carpenter 3, Jackson 2, Peirce. Umpire--W. H. Peckham 1L. Referee--H. C. McClintock 1L. Timekeeper--J. Graham. Linesmen--P. Carr '04 and J. H. Frye '06. Time--20- and 15-minute halves.