AN AGREEMENT WITH YALE

To be in Force Two Years.--Compromise on Eligibility Rules.

After three meetings devoted mostly to the discussion of eligibility rules, the Harvard and Yale sub-committees came to a definite agreement on Saturday on a set of uniform rules between the two universities. The fourth conference was held at the Nyassett Club at Springfield and lasted from 12 to 6 o'clock. Harvard was represented as heretofore by Professor Hollis, J. J. Storrow '85, and E. B. Krumbhaar '04, acting for the Athletic Committee. A sub-committee, consisting of Mr. Camp, G. Chadwick '03, and C. Duval '03, represented Yale, instead of the larger committee that had before been present. Before the text of the agreement can be given out for publication the rules must be approved by the main committees and certain details, as yet undecided, must be settled.

It is intended that the agreement shall be for two years, to be renewed at the end of that period, if the two universities deem it advisable. It is understood that the rules are about an even compromise between those in use at the two universities and that practically no new features have been introduced. Proposed reforms distasteful to either committee were dropped and differences in existing rules done away with by concessions from both sides.