BASEBALL WITH TRINITY TODAY

First Game of the Season to be Played on Soldiers Field at 4 o'clock.

The University baseball team will play its first game of the season with Trinity this afternoon at 4 o'clock on Soldiers Field.

As the squad has had but few days of out door practice thus far, little development has been noticeable in the team work, but as individuals, the men have at times shown very creditable form. At the bat, the men have a tendency to mistime the ball, and are weak in bunting. The base-running of the squad is also crude and undeveloped.

The batting orders in the game today will be as follows: HARVARD.  TRINITY. Carr, 3b.  l.f., Clement Matthews, s.s.  c.f., Morgan Randall, 1b.  3b., Townsend Clarkson, p.  s.s., Mann Stillman, c.f.  1b., Brigham Skilton, 2b.  2b., Allen Daly, r.f.  r.f., Durfee H. D. Kernan, l.f.  c., Brodin R. P. Kernan, c.  p., Grange, Hine

The practice of the University squad yesterday was of the lightest nature. After batting work at the nets, the team was given fielding practice on the Freshman diamond. The work was not encouraging, due, perhaps, to the coldness of the weather which rendered accurate play impossible. B. Wendell '02 had supervision of the work.

The postponed game with the University of Maine, which was not played on Saturday on account of rain, will take place Thursday afternoon at 4 o'clock on Soldiers Field. On Saturday the University team will play Colby.