OUTDOOR SHAKESPERE PLAYS

"As You Like It" and "The Comedy of Errors" to be Given June 1 and 2.

Under the auspices of the English Department, the Elizabethan Stage Society of London will give two plays of Shakespere on the afternoon and evening of June 1 and 2. On Monday, June 1, at 4 o'clock, "As You Like It" will be acted and at 8 o'clock that evening, "The Comedy of Errors" will be given. On Tuesday, June 2, the programme will be reversed: "The Comedy of Errors" will be given at 4 o'clock in the afternoon, and "As You Like It" at 8 o'clock in the evening.

The parts in these two plays will be taken by the company which lately performed the morality play, "Everyman," in Boston. Miss Ethel Wynne Mattheson, whose portrayal of Everyman attracted much attention, will be the Rosalind, and Mr. Ben Greet will play Jacques. The performance of "The Comedy of Errors" will have an especial interest in that Mr. Greet will appear as one of the Dromios, a favorite character with him, and one in which he has made great success in England.

If the weather is suitable all the performances will take place in the quadrangle to the rear of Sever Hall. The space bounded by Sever, Robinson Hall, Quincy street and Professor Shaler's house will be enclosed by a fence. A stage, shut in with shrubbery and evergreen, will be erected among the trees at the south end of the enclosure, opposite the steps of Robinson Hall. In the event of rain the plays will be given in Sanders Theatre.

Tickets for reserved seats will be sold at $1.50 each; admission tickets, $1.00. On account of the limited space, the performances on June 1 will be open only to the officers and governing boards of the University and to students of the University. Notices will be sent out today to all officers of instruction and all governing boards of the University in regard to advance application for the performances on June 1. For the performances an June 1 students will be allowed but one ticket. Any student, who makes application on or before May 20, enclosing cheque and addressed and stamped envelope to Professor J. H. Gardiner, Grays 18, and stating the performances he wishes to attend, will, if possible, be given preference over the general public, which will be admitted on June 2. Students who wish more than one seat should attend the general sale at Sever's store at 9 o'clock, Saturday, May 25. At this general sale tickets may be had for the performances of the second day and such others as remain for the first day.

The sale for the general public will open Saturday, May 23 at Sever's in Cambridge and at Herrick's, Copley square, Boston.