Snow Hindered Hockey Practice.

The University hockey squad had regular practice on Saturday afternoon on Holmes Field in place of the scheduled game, as the Andover team failed to arrive. After preliminary work in shooting and passing, the first team faced-off against the second, which was strengthened by the presence in its line-up of R. Winsor '02, captain of the University hockey team in 1902, and J. S. Lovering '03, captain of last year's team. Two thirty-minute halves were played, the University securing 5 goals and the second 2.

The first half was fast and the work in general good, but in the second half the playing was listless, owing principally to the heavy fall of snow which made accurate passing very difficult. The goal-shooting was very good and Ivy and Carr as usual proved a strong defense. Some carelessness was shown by the University team in carrying the puck across the rink directly in front of their goal and the forwards still failed to use the side of the rink to any extent.

Following was the line-up of the University team: Kernan, r.e.; Souther, r.c.; Newhall, l.c.; Wilder, l.e.; Clothier, c.p.; Carr, p.; Ivy, g.