BASKETBALL WITH HOLY CROSS

Tonight at Worcester.--Second Team Defeated Browne and Nichols, 17-10.

The University basketball team will play Holy Cross this evening at Worcester. Holy Cross although not a member of any intercollegiate league, has defeated a number of college teams by large scores.

The line-up will be as follows: HARVARD.  HOLY CROSS. Underwood, l.f.  r.f., O'Toole Grant, r.f.  l.f., Connor Randall, c.  c., Spring Bigelow, l.g.  r.g., Reed Gring, r.g.  l.g., Quinn

In the practice yesterday afternoon the University team defeated the Freshman team in a short line-up by the score of 26 to 8. The work of both teams was lifeless and slow, the only encouraging feature being occasional long and brilliant baskets by the University.

The line-up was as follows: UNIVERSITY.  FRESHMEN. Henderson, l.f.  r.f., Kempner, Clark Grant, r.f.  l.f., Murray Randall, c.  c., MacAusland Bigelow, l.g.  r.g., Burnham Gring, Swift, r.g.  l.g., Howard

Last night in the Gymnasium, the University second basketball team defeated the Browne and Nichols School in a clean fast game by a score of 17 to 10.

The line-up was: SECOND TEAM.  BROWNE AND NICHOLS. Gallagher, l.f.  r.f., M. Macdonald Hall, Jones, r.f.  l.f., J. Macdonald Swift, c.  c., Cunningham Stinchfield, l.g.  r.g., C. Pratt Dapping, H. Pratt, r.g.  l.g., Marsh