HOCKEY GAME WITH COLUMBIA

In New York Tonight--University Team's First Game in Intercollegiate Series.

In its first game in the intercollegiate series, the University hockey team will play Columbia tonight at 8 o'clock on the St. Nicholas Rink, New York. Since its defeat by Yale two weeks ago, the Columbia team has improved greatly and has recently shown considerable team-play.

The University team will be weakened in the game tonight by the absence of Kernan and MacLeod. Considering its crippled condition, the team plays in good form and the forwards keep their line well. The shooting is erratic, but the defense is exceptionally strong.

Following will be the line-up: UNIVERSITY.  COLUMBIA. Townsend, l.e.  r.e., Cook Wilder, l.c.  r.c., Calaghan Souther, r.c.  l.c., Duten Newhall, r.e.  l.e., Aikin Clothier, c.p.  c.p., Benedict Carr, p.  p., Jackson Ivy, g.  g., Von Bernuth

In a practice game with the Freshmen yesterday afternoon the University team won by the score of 6 to 1. The bad condition of the ice accounted for the rough play and rather poor passing.