Lacrosse Election and Fall Practice.

At a meeting of members of last year's University lacrosse team last night, W. A. Phillips '05 was elected captain for this year, in place of F. W. Lehmann '05, who has not returned to College.

Fall practice will commence next Monday afternoon at 4 o'clock. The place will be announced in Monday's CRIMSON. The practice will be short, and for the first few days will be devoted chiefly to stick work. After that daily line-ups will be held, and at the end of the practice a game will be arranged with a team made up of graduates.

J. A. Sayler 3L., who played two years at John Hopkins and coached the University team for part of last season, will have charge of the practice. He will be assisted by D. P. Penhallow, captain in 1903, and H. H. Bennett, captain of last year's team.

The outlook for a strong team this year is encouraging. From last year's championship team several good players have been lost by graduation, but six regular men have returned and there is some good material available to fill vacancies. Of last year's team W. A. Phillips '05, P. H. Adams '05, A. W. Rice '05 E. D. Hays '05, J. O. Bailey '06 and S. Smith 3L., are in the University and are eligible. Among the members of last season's squad who have returned are F. W. Wead '05, W. T. Harrison '05, H. P. Pratt '05, T. D. Slocan '06 and E. J. Wendell '07. There is also some good material from last year's Freshman team.