First Reading by Mr. Riddle Tonight.

Mr. George Riddle '74 will give the first of two readings at Brattle Hall, this evening at 8 o'clock, on "The American Voice." The reading will consist of imitations of celebrated actors and a number of selections illustrating the various types of American voice, together with suggestions in regard to speaking easily and without fatigue. The second reading, on Friday evening, will be Mr. Riddle's two thousandth public appearance. In it he will take up scenes from "The Merchant of Venice," "King Henry V," "Julius Caesar," and "Twelfth Night."

Mr. Riddle, who is one of the most prominent readers of the United States, was instructor in elocution in the University from 1878 to 1881, and appeared as Oedipus Tyrannus in the Greek play given in Sanders Theatre in the latter year. He has since given Shakespeareian and other readings in the principle cities of the country, and is well-known for his imitations of the accent and mannerisms of leading actors.

Tickets entitling the holder to reserved seats at both readings, are on sale at Sever's, for 75 cents.