Botanic Garden and Museum News.

The extensive repairs been made on the Palm-house and its wings, at the Botanic Garden, are completed and the house, which has practically been remodeled, is now better adapted to the tropical plants which are grown there than either of the former houses. A number of interesting acquisitions have recently been placed in position in the central and larger house.

At the Botanical Museum, in the University Museum building, a number of new Blaschka plat-models have been placed on exhibition for the first time. They are mounted on the new style of plaques and have been placed chiefly in the vestibule. A large number of economic specimens, recently received, are also on exhibition and are expected to give far better illustrations of certain orders than has hitherto been possible. One of the most interesting is a large specimen of brick tea, now installed in the north room. Tea of this kind, in solid tablets of great size a method of packing employed in China when the tea is to be transported for a long distance. The specimen is the gift of Mrs. Abbott of Cambridge.