Fencing News and Plans.

Arrangements are being made for a dual fencing meet with Cornell to be held at Cambridge the latter part of February. The date for the intercollegiate meet between Harvard, Pennsylvania, Yale, Cornell, Columbia. West Point and Annapolis has not yet been arranged, but will be decided at a meeting of the association in New York on December 28. W. MacLeod '05, captain of the fencing team, will represent the University.

Besides these, Harvard will hold a series of three meets with Technology sometime during the first part of February, and a match will also be arranged between Harvard, Yale, Pennsylvania and the Institute of Technology for the first week of March.

At present there are about forty-five candidates for the fencing team, and work has been going on regularly during the fall under the direction of H. W. Holmes '03, last year's captain, and other members of previous teams. About twenty of the men are also receiving special instruction from M. Pianelli.

The interclass tournament will take place on the evening of Wednesday, December 21. The class captains and squads from which the class teams will be chosen are as follows: 1905--L. Sargent (captain), C. B. Keeler. H. A. Hirsch, D. M. Wardner, R. K. Conant; 1906--L. F. Gilbert (captain), J. R. Nichols, L. B. Soule, D. Macomber, R. L. Lewis; 1907--W. F. Low (captain), R. E. Gish, C. E. Nichols, B. Madero, F. W. McAvory J. Weare, S. A. Eiseman; 1908--C. A. Bliss (captain), A. W. Gould, C. E. Tilton, C. Parker, C. T. Brodrick, C. H. Ketchum.

From these squads and other promising men teams of three men each will be picked to fence for the class championship. The University squad will be made up at end of December from men chosen from the class teams.