1905 CLASS DAY ELECTIONS

Polls Open at Crimson Office From 8 to 5 o'clock Today.--List of Nominees.

The Senior Class Day officers, with the exception of the four committees, will be elected today. Officers will be chosen for the positions of First, Second and Third Marshal, Secretary, Orator, Ivy Orator, Poet, Odist and Chorister.

The polls will be open at the CRIMSON office from 8 o'clock in the morning until 5 o'clock in the afternoon, and balloting will be by the Australian system. The four committees will be elected next Tuesday.

The rule in regard to the manner of election of Marshals is as follows:

"Every elector shall vote for three candidates for Marshals, indicating his preference for First, Second and third Marshal. Of the three elected that candidate receiving the highest number of votes for First marshal shall be declared First marshal; of the other two elected, that one whose total for First Marshal and Second Marshal shall be greater, shall be Second marshal; and the other candidate elected shall be Third Marshal."

According to the vote of the class on December 12, the First Marshal will preside at all future meetings of the class.

P. O. Mills has withdrawn his name from the list of nominees for Secretary, H. P. Johnson from the list of nominees for Orator, and B. Joy and W. P. Sanger have withdrawn from the nominees for Chorister, The final list of nominees for today's election is as follows:

Marshals--J. P. Bowditch, R. A. Derby, D. J. Hurley, R. Oveson, C. W. Randall, W. A. Schick, Jr., A. C. Travis.

Secretary--S. N. Hinckley, L. M. Thornton.

Orator--W. H. Davis, H. S. Deming, R. P. Dietzman, C. L. Dillon, W. Tyng.

Ivy Orator--D. Brannan, W. Field.

Poet--G. F. Evans, G. W. D. H. Gribble, S. Hale, C. C. Washburn.

Odist--D. Davis, J. H. Lathrop, A. T. Wright.

Chorister--L. B. Hall, J. W. Johnston, S. Wilder.]

C. L. Chandler has withdrawn from the list of nominees for the Class Day Committee.

The following men have been appointed to take charge of the polls at the hours named: 8-9--Bowditch, Thornton; 9-10--Kernan; 10-11--Sard, Jewett; 11-12--Deming, Kernan; 12-1--Travis, Bowditch; 1-2--Harrison, Matthews; 2-3--Jewett Thornton; 3-4--Thornton; 4-5--Oveson, Davis.

Inm addition to the men announced yesterday, C. Everett and F. H. Haskell have been added to the final list of eligible voters.