Hockey Team Beat Cambridge Latin.

In a practice game yesterday afternoon the University hockey team defeated a team from the Cambridge Latin School by a score or 8 to 0. Play was slow and ragged in the first half and only three goals were scored. In the second half, however, the University team played fast and aggressively, scoring five goals and keeping the puck continually in the Latin School's territory. The team play of the University forwards was good. The men kept together well on the offensive and recovered quickly after losing the puck. In shooting, however, they were slow, and except in the latter part of the second half, very inaccurate. The defense was not tested as the Latin School forwards rarely succeeded in passing cover point.

The line-up: HARVARD.  CAMBRIDGE. LATIN. Macleod, l.e.  r.e., Beard Townsene, l.e.  r.e., Paine Callaway (captain), r.c.  l.c., A. Chase Wilder, r.e.  l.e., Rowe; Ellis Newhall, c.p.  c. p., Taft (captain) Grant, Sard, p.  p., Chapin Ivy, g.  g., G. Chase

Goals--Callaway 2, Townsend 2, Newhall 2, Wilder 1, Macleod 1.