UNIVERSITY LACROSSE PLANS.

Indoor Practice Will Commence February 29.--Prospects for Good Team.

Practice for the candidates for the University and class lacrosse teams will begin on Monday, February 29, in the handball courts at the rear of the Gymnasium and in the cage in the basement.

The work at the Gymnasium will be of a preliminary nature, consisting of coaching in stick work and in throwing and catching the ball, and is intended primarily for men who have never played lacrosse before. The candidates will be divided into squads by classes and will be coached by H. H. Bennett '04, captain of the University team, and by last year's class captains. The Freshman squad will be in charge of H. V. Blaxter '05. Personal attention will be given to all new men and every effort made to place them, in the rudiments of the game, on an equality with the experienced players when the field work begins.

The more experienced players will be called out as soon as the ground on Soldiers Field permits outdoor playing, which will probably be some time before the middle of March. Candidates for all teams will then practice in class squads until the interclass games, which probably will be held the first week in April. Immediately after the class games the University squad will be selected and the University training table started.

There will be one game for the University team before the April recess and during the recess the team will make a southern trip, playing Johns Hopkins, Swarthmore, and Lehigh. The Inter-University schedule will begin immediately after the recess, and will include games with Cornell and the University of Pennsylvania at Cambridge and with Columbia at New York City.

The prospects for a strong lacrosse team this year are good. Eight of last year's team are in the University and eligible to play, and in addition there are several good players from last year's Freshman team. The defense, which was strong last year, should be particularly effective this year, inasmuch as all of the defense players on last year's team, with the exception of the goal keeper, have returned to College. Of the six attack players, but three of last year's team are available this year, and the formation of a strong attack will therefore be the principal problem in the development of the team.

Of last year's team the following men are available for this year: H. H. Bennett '04, H. V. Blaxter '05, W. A. Phillips '05, A. W. Rice '05, F. W. Lehmann '05, W. L. Hanavan '04, R. C. Kibbey '04, K. K. Smith '04, E. D. Hays '05. Among the other players of ability are D. Davis '05, J. F. Kidder '05, C. T. Hawes '04, I. M. Atwood '04, G. W. Outerbridge '03, J. R. P. French '04, R. W. Bourne '04, R. T. Henshaw '04, H. W. Hersey '04, A. de Roode '04, P. H. Adams '05, W. T. Harrison '05, C. W. Dall '05, J. O. Bailey '06, A. O. Christensen '06, C. French '06, H. W. Embry '06, F. P. Summers '06.

The University Register will be placed on sale today.