Spring Track Work and Meets.

The track squad now numbers about 125 men who are divided into two sections, one practicing at 3.30 and the other at 4.30 o'clock. The practice consists of gymnasium work and distance runs. The high jumpers have regular practice on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 2.30 and the pole vaulters at the same time on Tuesdays and Thursdays. W. F. Garcelon '95 has charge of the hurdling squad and practice is held on the board track back of the Gymnasium on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 3.30.

Progress on the Stadium track has been going on rapidly and the work is now nearing completion. The base was built last autumn and is in good condition; on this a mixture of cinders and loam is being laid, but the frost in the loam retards the progress of the work. It is expected that the 220-yard straight-away will be ready for use in about ten days; the whole track will be completed in two weeks if the weather is favorable. Contrary to the usual custom on athletic fields, four take-offs will be made instead of three; they will be used for the high and broad jumps, pole vault and shot put. This plan will permit the high jump and pole vault to be carried on at the same time. The take-offs, which are all being built in the semi-circular end of the Stadium, are expected to be ready in about a week.

The first meet this spring will be the annual spring handicap games on April 15. These games are open to the University, and all men who intend to try for the University team are expected to enter. There will be the usual thirteen events.

The annual relay carnival of the University of Pennsylvania will be held at Philadelphia on April 23. The University will send a one-mile and a four-mile relay team, and a few men for special events.

The class games will be held in the Stadium on May 6, and the annual dual meet with Yale on May 21. In the following week, on May 27 and 28, the intercollegiate track games will be held on Franklin Field, Philadelphia.