First Princeton Debate Trial Tonight

The first trial for the Princeton debate team, open only to those who left their names with J. Daniels '04 before 10 o'clock last evening, will be held this evening at 7.30 in the New Lecture Hall. Each man will be allowed to speak five minutes, and from twelve to sixteen men will be retained. At the second trial, on Friday, April '1, the speeches will be ten minutes in length: six men will be retained. These six will then be divided by lot into two teams, which, at the final trial on Thursday evening. April 7, will hold a regular debate on the question: "Resolved, That laws be passed compelling the management of a business undertaking which secures control of an industry to sell its product at reasonable rates, without discrimination." The main speeches will last twelve minutes, and the rebuttal speeches five. The University team will be composed of the three best speakers; the other three will form the second team, from which an alternate will be selected. The Coolidge prize of one hundred dollars will be awarded the man doing the best work in the three trials. The order of speakers is posted in Gore Hall.

The judges at the trials this evening will be Mr. R.L. Lyman '03, Mr. C.P. McCarthy 3L, Mr. A.P. Stone '93, Mr. S.R. Wrightington '97, Mr. W.S. Youngman '95.

The debate with Princeton will be held in Sanders Theatre on Friday evening, May 6. Princeton will announce its side of the question on Monday, April 4.