Stadium Towers to be Commenced.

Work will begin on the Stadium as soon as the ground has thoroughly thawed. Two towers, projecting at the end and outside of each arm of the Stadium, will be built first. These towers, which are of simple Tuscan architecture, will contain a series of short flights of stairs rising from the ground and connecting both the middle and upper promenades of the main structure. The ground and middle corridors will have arched windows, while the top corridor will have rectangular openings leading out upon a Tuscan balcony. The roof of the upper promenade will be continued to form the roofs of the towers. It will be of concrete and will be supported by columns, 14 feet high, resting on pedestals which are already built in the parapets between the upper promenade and the last row of seats. It will be finished with a Roman Doric Cornice.

Single stairways will connect the middle promenade and the upper part of each aisle. Eight large stairways will be built between the ground floor and middle corridor. The concrete, where the strain is too severe, will be strengthened by twisted steel rods, as in the rest of the structure.

About 600 seats are yet to be cast and placed in the curve and at the extreme ends.