"WENDELL PHILLIPS."

By Rev. Jesse H. Jones '56, in Union this Evening at 7.30.--Other Addresses.

Rev. Jesse Henry Jones '56, will speak in the Union at 7.30 o'clock tonight. The subject of his talk will be "Wendell Phillips,--Artist, Orator, Reformer. An Appreciation."

After leaving Harvard Rev. Mr. Jones took a course at the Andover Theological Seminary, from which he graduated in 1861. He is president of the Wendell Phillips Memorial Association and recently presented a bust of Wendell Phillips to the University. The Overseers presented it to the Union, where it has been placed in the library.

Only members of the Union will be admitted to this lecture.

Other lectures have been arranged for March and April. On Tuesday, March 15, Mr. Ellery Harding Clark '96, all-round amateur track champion of America, will give a talk "On Athletics;" and on Friday evening, March 25, Mr. George Riddle '74, will give a reading from "Enoch Arden."

During April Mr. R. W. G. Welling '80 of New York will speak on municipal reform. Mr. Welling has been much interested in reform work, is a prominent member of the City Club, and has taken part as a speaker and manager in municipal campaigns.

Mr. J. J. Myers '69, Speaker of the Massachusetts House of Representatives, will also speak during April on some political subject. Mr. Myers graduated from the Law School in 1872, and has been a member of the state legislature since 1893.