"THE STAGE OF SHAKESPERE"

Professor Baker's Lecture in Fogg Lecture Room at 8.--Open to Public.

Professor G. P. Baker '87 will give a lecture on "The Stage of Shakespere" this evening at 8 o'clock in the Lecture. Room of the Fogg Museum. The lecture will be illustrated by the stereopticon.

Professor Baker will first describe Bankside, where most of the theatres stood, and give their location. He will then point out the way in which at different periods plays were given in London before the regular theatres, were built. After showing the character of the different theatres, both inside and out, Professor Baker will state the evidence in the builders' contracts, in plays, and in contemporary references from which the stage for the "Hamlet" performances has been constructed. Some fresh evidence and one or two new theories have resulted from the careful investigation which Professor Baker has made with Professor H. L. Warren of the Architectural Department.

In closing Professor Baker will summarize the effects upon the Elizabethan drama of the stage conditions of that day.

The lecture is intended particularly for those who plan to see the performance of "Hamlet" on April 5 or 6, but is open to the public.