LEITER CUP MEETING

18 Teams and 35 Individuals Entered for Series.--Games Begin April 26.

At the meeting held last night in the interest of the Leiter Cup series O. G. Frantz 1L. and W. Clarkson '04 explained the aims and briefly outlined the work of the series. Having pointed out its importance in developing material for the University nine, they urged everyone both to remember his duty to his team and to endeavor to make good competition for the cups. Mr. R. S. Hale '91 spoke in the place of Mr. J. Lowell '77, who was unable to attend. He said that the purpose in giving the new prize was to induce old teams to keep together.

Eighteen teams and thirty-five individual players have registered for the series. The individual players will soon be assigned to teams, and a schedule of games arranged. The teams will be divided into sections and games will begin on April 26. Each team will play every other in its section and the winning team of each section will enter the final round. The team winning the series will receive individual cups, have their names engraved on the Hale Chair, and designate where it shall be placed. After the games are finished an All-Leiter team will be picked to play the Second nine on May 26. From the result of this game the final choice of the Second nine will be made. New features in the series this year will be a special manager and several official scores. The new rules of the series were printed in the CRIMSON of April 2.