Against Organized Cheering at the Yale Game.

Communications.

We invite all men in the University to submit communications on subjects of timely interest. The CRIMSON is not, however, responsible for the sentiments expressed in such communications as may be printed.

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

The editorial on organized cheering, quoted from the Yale News in yesterday's CRIMSON, closes with a significant sentence. Cheering, it says, "has now reached a stage where, in the interest of clean sport, definite steps, should be taken to suppress it." If, as the editorial elsewhere states, the continuous uproar of the present day game" is regarded by both Harvard and Yale as "an unpleasant feature of the modern college game,"--and the recent communications printed in the CRIMSON would seem to bear out his statement so far as Harvard is concerned,--then these steps may well be taken now.

Presumably arrangements have been made or will be made to provide cheer leaders and a cheering section for the game with Yale on Thursday, thus furnishing a good part of the necessary, machinery for turning out organized cheering. Without these traditional features of a Yale game, however, much of the incentive for such cheering will be absent. Is not the experiment of omitting these features worth trying? The team will them win or lose on its own merits. And should it lose, I am sure lack of support will not be the cause. Harvard men hither to have never needed incentive to show their confidence in the teams that are playing for Harvard's honor, nor will they need any on Thursday. UNDERGRADUATE.