GAME WITH AMHERST TODAY

On Soldiers Field at 4 o'clock.--Coburn Will Pitch.--Batting Order Changed.

The University baseball nine will play Amherst at 4 o'clock this afternoon on Soldiers Field.

Although the Amherst team has, to some extent, been handicapped by injuries, it has made a fairly good showing this season, particularly in batting. In the field, however, it has been somewhat erratic, and the pitching, which has at times been brilliant, has been unsteady, a bad inning in the box being responsible for the loss of several games. The team lost two games to Holy Cross by scores of 9 to 3 and 6 to 2, respectively, but it should be noted that in the first, Amherst made eight hits and Holy Cross ten, and in the second, each team made six hits. Amherst also lost to Yale by the score of 7 to 4 in a game in which for five innings Yale was shut out, while Amherst scored two runs. McCrae weakened, however, in the sixth, and lost the game.

The batting order of the University team, which has been fairly well settled for the last few games, has again been changed on account of the recent poor hitting.

The orders of the teams this afternoon will be as follows: Harvard.  Amherst. Carr, 3b.  c.f., Wheeler Greenough, r.f.  3b., Chase Stephenson, c.  r.f., McCrae Clarkson, c.f.  s.s., Beach Matthews, s.s.  1b., Storke Randall, 1b.  l.f., Powell Fischel, l.f.  c., Amidon Kernan, 2b.  2b., Kelliher Coburn, p.  p., Orrell