Rhodes Examination Results.

The Delegates of the Local Examinations of the University of Oxford have announced that, of the ten persons who took the qualifying examinations in Boston on April 13 and 14, as candidates for the first appointment of a Rhodes Scholar from Massachusetts, the following have passed and are thereby awarded exemption from "Responsions" the first public examination ordinarily required of candidates for an Oxford degree: A. W. Belcher '04, of Plymouth; F. H. Fobes '04, of Lexington; H. M. Jones '04, of Cambridge; R. H. Keniston '04, of Somerville; J. T. Kirby, of Braintree; L. H. Maxson '06, Boston University, College of Liberal Arts, of Washington, D. C.; H. H. Rowland '06, of Olean, N. Y.; J. W. Russell '06, of Cambridge.

The committee of selection for Massachusetts will meet at Boston University this afternoon to receive the official report of the examiners and to proceed to the selection of a scholar. Under the rules prescribed by the trustees, the committee of selection is at liberty to impose upon the candidates such additional tests, if any, as they think suitable in order to arrive at a choice conforming as closely as possible to the objects of the founder. It is therefore possible that no result will be reached in today's meeting.