PROMINENT MEN TO SPEAK

Archbishop of Canterbury, October 7. Lectures by Hon. James Bryce, M. P.

At a meeting devoted to the subject "National Problems and Christian Solutions," to be held under the auspices of the St. Paul's Society, in Sanders Theatre, on October 7 at 8 o'clock, Randall Thomas Davidson, D.D., LL.D., Archbishop of Canterbury, will make an address on "The Call to Christian Service."

The Rt. Rev. William Lawrence, D.D., Bishop of Massachusetts, will preside, and in addition to the Archbishop's address, the general subject will be discussed as follows: "The South," by the Rt. Rev. T. F. Gailor, D.D., Bishop of Tennessee; "The West," by the Rt. Rev. C. P. Anderson, D.D., Bishop-Coadjutor of Chicago; "The East," by the Rt. Rev. A. Mackay-Smith, Bishop of Pennsylvania.

Seats on the floor and in the balcony will be reserved for members of the University only, and seats in the gallery will be reserved for ticket holders until 7.50 o'clock.

The Rt. Hon. James Bryce, M. P., who is now in this country attending the St. Louis Exposition, will deliver the first lectures under the Godkin Lectureship in Sanders Theatre on October 24, 26, 28, 31, and November 3. Mr. Bryce will speak on "The Study of Popular Governments."

The Godkin Lectureship was founded in March, 1903, by the friends of the late E. L. Godkin, editor of the New York Evening Post. The income of the fund is to provide for the delivery and publication of at least one lecture in every year on "The Essentials of Free Government and the Duties of the Citizen," or on some phase of this subject.