1909 Football With Worcester

The Freshman football team will play its fourth game of the season with Worcester Academy at Worcester this afternoon. As the line-up today will be the strongest the Freshmen have yet put in their prospect of victory is bright. Groton, which only scored six points on the Freshmen, defeated Worcester 12 to 0. Worcester has beaten the Brown freshmen 23 to 0, tied Cushing Academy 0 to 0, and has been beaten by Worcester Tech 6 to 0.

The progress of the Freshman team during the last week has been hard to guage as the coaching has been very elementary, owing to the changes in coaches. The present system of dividing the men into squads, each under the direct supervision of a coach has, however, checked the tendency to careless play.

The line-up today will be as follows: FRESHMEN.  WORCESTER. Kennard, r.e.  l.e., Farrell Gilbert, r.t.  l.t., Swain or McManis Robinson, r.g.  l.g., Cottrell Dore, c  c., Clark F. Forcheimer, l.g.  r.g., Lyman (capt.) Severance, l.t.,  r.t., Shenstone Roosevelt, l.e.  r.e., Beeken Simons, q.b.  q.b., Greenwood Graydon, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Chadwick Clark, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Jones Lunt, f.b.  f.b., Roura