HARVARD VS. BOWDOIN

Game in Stadium at 4.--Hurley Will Not Play.--Poor Practice.

The University football team will play the second game of its schedule with Bowdoin this afternoon at 4 o'clock in the Stadium. Last year Harvard easily defeated Bowdoin by the score of 17 to 0.

The Bowdoin team has played one game this year, winning from Fort Preble by the score of 5 to 0. The team is very light and is largely composed of new men. The time of the halves will depend on the weather.

The probable line-up of the two teams follows: HARVARD.  BOWDOIN. O'Brien, l. e.  r. e., W. Drummond, Crowley Brill, l. t.,  r. t., Stacy Parker, l. g.  r. g., Powers, Buttrick Cunniff, e.  c., Thomas Peirce, r. g.  l. g., Hawkesworth Squires, r. t.  l. t., Skolfield, Hafford Hall, r. e.  l. e., J. Drummond Newhall, q.  q., Bass, Blair Foster, l. h.  r. h., Redman Wendell, r. h.  l. h., Gaston, Gay, Green Hanley, f. b.  f. b., Blanchard, Adams

The practice of the University squad yesterday afternoon was very unsatisfactory. In an eight-minute scrimmage neither side scored and the first team was twice held for downs. The linemen of both elevens played hard and aggressively, but the backs did some very stupid running, and there was inexcusable fumbling. Foster was not in the scrimmage, but ran through signal practice with one of the trial elevens. Starr was in the first play, but as his ankle is not yet strong he was replaced by Quigley. In addition to the scrimmage the ends, linemen, and backs were given individual work and several of the first eleven had drill in tackling the dummy.

White kicked off to Wendell on the 10-yard line, who ran back 20 yards. The second eleven then held for downs, but being unable to gain the first team recovered the ball. After the first eleven had been penalized 20 yards there was an exchange of punts and Leonard was tackled behind the line for a touchback. Leonard punted to Newhall. Wendell broke through right tackle for 40 yards, but he fumbled and O'Brien fell on the ball. For the rest of the time the ball remained near the centre of the field. On the last play Snyder went around Blair's end for 33 yards until he was tackled by Quigley.

The line-up FIRST ELEVEN.  SECOND ELEVEN. O'Brien, Pell, l. e.  r. e., Hall, Inches Brill, l.t.  r. t., Fultz Parker, McFadon, l. g.  r. g., McLeod Cunniff, c.  c., White Peirce, r. g.  l. g., Brown, Corbett Squires, r. t.  l. t., Montgomery, Kersburg Burnham, Blair, r. e.  l. e., Bird, Grant Starr, Quigley, q.  q., Newhall Wendell, r. h.  l. h., Harding, Miller Foster, l. h.  r. h., Channing, Snyder Somes, Dignowity, f. b.  f. b., Hanley