CARROLL D. WRIGHT IN UNION

At 8 o'clock.--Address on the Coal Strike of 1902.--For Union Members Only.

The fifth Union entertainment of the year will be given tonight at 8 o'clock in the Living Room, when Mr. Carroll D. Wright, Ph.D., L.L.D., formerly United States Commissioner of Labor and now president of Clark College, Worcester, will speak on the great Pennsylvania anthracite coal strike of 1902. Professor W.Z. Ripley will introduce the speaker.

Mr. Wright has all his life been in the public service. Because of his familiarity with labor questions he was in 1902 appointed recorder and member of the Anthracite Strike Commission by President Roosevelt. His knowledge of the subject is, therefore, intimate and exact. He was University lecturer on wage statistics from 1900 to 1901, and has been a member of the Massachusetts Senate, and chief of the Massachusetts Bureau of Labor. He completed the eleventh United States census, and was in 1895 appointed United States Commissioner of Labor, but resigned the position in 1902 to become president of Clark College. He is well known for the authoritative writings in the field of social economics.