MISSIONARY MEETING ENDS

Interesting and Successful Session Closed By Mass Meeting Last Night.

The nineteenth annual convention of the Church Students' Missionary Association ended yesterday, after an exceedingly interesting and successful session. The convention was well attended, and the speeches and addresses as a whole were very interesting.

At the business meeting in Phillips Brooks House yesterday morning, it was decided to hold the convention next year at the Philadelphia Divinity School, and a new constitution drawn up by the constitution committee was approved. The following officers were elected: president, Rev. A. P. Hunt, M.A.; executive committee, Rev. A. P. Hunt, chairman, Rev. E. P. Smith, J. W. Wood, Rev. H. J. Officer, Jr., F. H. Holmes, J. S. Rogers. At the 11 o'clock meeting in Christ Church, Rev. Endicott Peabody, D.D., headmaster of Groton School, John R. Mott, general secretary of the World's Student Christian Federation, and Rev. J. C. Roper, D.D., professor in the General Theological Seminary, spoke on the missionary problem in its relation to the boarding school, the university, and the theological seminary. In the afternoon session at Phillips Brooks House, Rev. H. St. G. Tucker, president of St. Paul's College, Tokio, and Miss Hayashi of Japan gave two very interesting talks on Japan, Miss Hayashi's address being translated from Japanese by an interpreter.

Rt. Rev. William Lawrence, D.D., '71, bishop of Massachusetts, presided at the mass meeting in Sanders Theatre last night. John R. Mott spoke on "The Possibilities of the Student World in the Extension of Christ's Kingdom," and Rev. Arthur S. Lloyd, D.D., general secretary of the Domestic and Foreign Missionary Society spoke on "The End of Missions: The World for God." Mr. Mott enlarged upon many chances for young missionaries to Christianize the world, and of the Christian universities and colleges in pagan countries which would spread the gospel among their own people. The resurrection of Christ, the perfect man, said Dr. Lloyd, represented the day when the whole world will be one under Christ, and there will be no more paganism and idolatry. Mission workers all over the world are striving for this unification, which with the present rate of progress should soon be attained. Then the world will be under Jesus Christ forever, and there will be perfect peace and happiness throughout it.