Yale Letter.

Director Heinrich Conried of the Irving Place Theatre has again consented to bring his company to New Haven at his own expense, in order to give a benefit performance for the Germanic Seminary. This year Schiller's "Kabale and Liebe" will be produced on March 15.

The recently issued catalogue of the Summer School, the department of the university last adopted, shows that the largest enrollment of the school promises to be in the physical education department, although a large number of students have registered in the other departments.

On Wednesday, February 15, Mr. Clinton Rogers Woodruff gave an address on "Municipal Problems and the College Man," under the auspices of the City Government Club, which was formed last year.

The baseball squad has been reduced to seventy-four men, who are practising daily in the cage under the direction of Coach Lush and Captain Bowman. The university and class crews are rowing daily in the tanks, superintended by Coach Kennedy and Captain Whittier. Each class is now represented by two crews, one regular class crew, and one club crew.

The basketball team defeated Cornell on Friday by the score of 35 to 6. The contest for the championship now lies practically between Yale and Columbia, and will be decided by their game on February 28.