J. N. Trainer '00.

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

I have not followed athletics very closely since graduation. My opinions must therefore be snap but you are welcome to them. The Stadium at the time it was built seemed to me to be a premium on the commercial in athletics and still seem so. However, you have got it now and also its debt. My suggestion about the $70,000 debt is to spread it over a longer period, say about ten years, making payments of $7,000 each year.

Why not reduce the price of football tickets from two dollars to one dollar and a half? Why not cut down the cost of H. A. A. and season tickets? Why not minimize soliciting subscriptions? You ought to get your sports for less money. More of you will then take part and be interested. These things are possible by cutting the Stadium charge from $20,000 to$7,000 a year. A margin of football receipts to carry along the minor sports would still exist. Make the margin larger by reducing sundry expenses. In my day there was a good deal of extravagance. Expenses could easily have been cut twenty-five per cent. Is it not the same today?

Commercialism, as President Eliot says, is one of athletics greatest evils. Make a beginning to out if out by reducing expenses of teams and the cost of sports to the students. J. N. TRAINER '00