BASEBALL WITH AMHERST

First Game on the University Diamond at 4 o'clock Today.

The University baseball team will play Amherst this afternoon on the University diamond. Soldiers Field, at 4 o'clock.

Amherst, so far, this season, has played an erratic game. It was twice defeated by small teams, but on Saturday beat the strong Springfield League nine by the score of 10 to 5. Last year it was easily defeated by Harvard by the score of 7 to 0.

The development of the University team has been unexpectedly set back by the absence on account of sickness of Mahar, Kemble, Kernan and Greenough, and at present the nine is in a very unsettled condition. Owing to the good practice afforded by the trip south, however, the men are in excellent condition and should win this afternoon.

J. A. Greene '05, has been appointed temporary head usher.

The batting order of the teams will be: HARVARD  AMHERST. Randall, 1b.  c.f., Wheeler Leonard, 3b.  1b., Palmer Matthews, s.s.  3b., Starke Stephenson, c.  s.s., Beach Schoenfuss, c.f.  p., McRae, Newell Dexter, 2b.  r.f., Shattuck McCarty, r.f.  l.f., Powell Coburn, Castle, p.  2b., Kelliher Mitchell, l.f.  c., Danahy

Reserved seats, at 75 cents, are on sale at Leavitt & Peirce's and at the box office at the field.