SECRET INDOOR PRACTICE

Rain Confined Team to Signal Practice in Cage.--Goal Kicking Tried.

Yesterday afternoon the practice of the football squad was held in the baseball cage on account of the heavy rain, the field being covered with hay to keep it in the best possible shape for the game with Dartmouth tomorrow afternoon. The work was extremely light, consisting almost entirely of signal practice in which every play which the coaches have devised this season was tried. On the whole the men showed a good knowledge of the plays and went through the work very creditably.

After the University eleven had finished its practice the second team also had a short period of signal work. Parker and Starr tried goal kicking for some time, for, although there were no posts, it was possible to get the right elevation and direction by kicking the ball into the net. Burr was given a rest on account of a slight cold. Hall, Kennard, and Newhall tried a number of drop kicks.

Although every member of the squad is in condition to play if necessary, it is very probable that Captain Foster, Starr, and Macdonald will not go into tomorrow's game in order to have them in the best possible shape for the final game of the season on November 24. The secret practice this afternoon will be very light.

The line-up for signal practice follows: FIRST ELEVEN.  SECOND ELEVEN. Bird, l.e.  r.e., Moore Osborne, l.t.  r.t., Comstock Brock, l.g.  r.g., Irving Parker, c.  c., Dore Kersburg, r.g.  l.g., Plumb Peirce, r.t.  l.t., Gilbert Orr, r.e.  l.e., Brown Newhall, q.b.  q.b., Adams Gilder, l.h.  r.h., Greenebaum Lincoln, r.h.  l.h., Graydon Wendell, f.b.  f.b., White