Fencing Plans Outlined at Meeting

A meeting was held last evening in Lower Massachusetts to organize the fencing squad for this year. Coach A. W. Holmes '03 gave a brief sketch of the history of fencing in the University. W. L. Bowman 3L., of last year's team, spoke of the theory of fencing and the nature of the sport. Captain C. A. Bliss '08 outlined in a general way the plan of work for the year.

The fencing room at the Gymnasium will be reserved for the squad on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday afternoons from 3 to 6 o'clock. Work for the men of last year's squad will begin tomorrow afternoon. The other candidates will begin practice on Friday afternoon. M. Pianelli will have a class for beginners.

The following men handed in their names last night as candidates for the University and class teams: C. A. Bliss '08, W. F. Low, Jr., '07, B. Madero '07, W. Goodwin '07, E. V. Sherwin '07, G. L. Cutting '09, S. Kelly '09, F. M. Barton 1G., H. M. Tillinghast '07, F. Bishop '08, C. M. Price '09, G. Dewey '09, W. V. Plummer '09, W. G. Cameron '10, P. J. Baker '10, C. L. Hathaway '10, C. C. Reed '10, S. A. Beggs '10.