Hockey Squad on Artificial Pond

The first outdoor practice of the year for the University and Freshman hockey squads was held yesterday afternoon on Artificial Pond. All the men who reported, about 50 in number, were given a short try-out either in the line-up between two teams from the University squad, or in the line-up between two Freshman teams. The play, which lasted for about an hour, was spirited, but the passing and shooting for goals was crude and inaccurate.

The following candidates for the University team reported for the first time: forwards--N. Dougherty '09, S. M. Edgell '07, E. P. Field '09, L. B. Harding '08; point--T. S. Sampson '09; goal--K. G. Carpenter '08.

The following Freshman candidates reported for the first time: forwards--D. M. Baker, E. L. Beard, L. R. Bissell, W. B. Bryant, W. B. Durant, G. P. Gardner, S. T. Hicks, R. W. Morgan, C. L. Nichols, H. D. Thurber; point--T. Maynz.

The time and place for today's practice will be posted for the University squad at Leavitt & Peirce's and for the Freshmen squad at the Rendezvous.