Trials for Yale Debate Tonight

The first trial to select the team to debate against Yale in New Haven on March 30 will be held in the Assembly Room of Dane Hall this evening at 7 o'clock. Each man will be allowed five minutes in which to speak upon either side of the question. From twelve to fifteen men will be retained. The second trial will be held in the same place on Friday at 7 o'clock; and each man retained at the first trial will be given ten minutes to speak. At this trial six men will be retained for the final trial, Tuesday, February 27. The undergraduate who shows the most ability at the three trials will be awarded the Coolidge debating prize of $100.

All candidates for the trials must hand in their names to E. M. Rabenold, Perkins 37, before 12 o'clock. The order of speaking will be posted in Gore Hall by 1 o'clock. Those men who will be detained from speaking on account of the Union dance tonight, may make special arrangement with Rabenold.

The judges to pick the team will be Professor G. P. Baker '87, R. T. Parke '98, E. Curtis 1G., and R. W. Kelso 2L.