CORNELL RACE DATE CHANGED

Will be Held on Charles May 25.-No University Crew Practice Yesterday.

The date of the University crew race against Cornell has been changed from May 26 to Friday, May 25, as the finals of the Intercollegiate track meet will be held in the Stadium on the day originally set for the race. The other arrangements will remain the same as previously announced.

The race will be held at three o'clock in the afternoon on the one and seven eights mile course on the Charles river between the boathouse of the Union Boat Club and the Longwood bridge, as last year, but it has not yet been decided whether the crews will row up or downstream.

Last year on the Charles, the first University crew race between Cornell and Harvard, Cornell won by four lengths. This year Cornell again consented to row on the Charles, masmuch as for the three preceding years second crews had been sent from the University to regattas on Lake Cayuga, at Ithaca.

Yesterday there was no rowing on the river on account of the unfavorable condition of the weather. The Freshman and class crews, however, practiced on the machines. H. V. Amberg '08, who rowed number 7 on last year's Freshman crew, reported yesterday for the first time. Work for all the squads will continue today.