Contest for Weight Events at 3

A closed handicap hammer-throwing and shot-putting contest will be held on Soldiers Field this afternoon at 3 o'clock. The contest has been arranged by Mr. Quinn, and is for the purpose of giving candidates in the weight events some outside competition, experience in which they have hitherto lacked. Ellery Clark '95, who has previously held the championship as an all round athlete, and S. P. Gillis of the N. Y. A. C. will compete. The Harvard men entered are, R. H. Oveson 1L., H. E. Kersburg '06, H. M. Gilmore '08, all of whom won places in this year's handicap games. Cups will be awarded for first place in each event.

All new men who wish to try for the weight events are urged to report to Mr. Quinn on Soldiers Field this afternoon at 4 o'clock, and all pole vaulters at 3.

Entries for Class Games Close at 5.

Nearly 100 men have already entered their names in the blue book at the Locker Building for the interclass games which will be held on Friday afternoon at 4 o'clock. In order that the heats may be arranged in time, the entries will close today at 5.

From now on track candidates are requested to report at the following hours: 100, 220, 440-yard dash men from 3 to 3.30; half-milers from 3.30 to 4; hurdlers from 4 to 4.30; one and two-milers from 4.30 on.