Fast Hockey Practice Yesterday

The hockey practice for the University team yesterday afternoon in the Stadium consisted of a line-up between the first and second teams in which the first team defeated the second by a score of 7 goals to 1.

For the most part the play was spirited and fast, but without much team play on either side.

In the first period the play was mostly in the territory of the second team, the first team making five goals. Leonard scored first on a pass from Townsend. A few minutes later Briggs followed with a score, shooting from the midst of a scrimmage near the goal posts. Captain Townsend soon afterwards, when about 15 yards from the goal, scored a long hard shot. For a few minutes the second team kept possession of the puck, and Dr. Goodridge scored on a pass from Coach Winsor. In the remaining minutes of play the first team outplayed the second scoring two clever goals.

In the second half the playing was more even. The puck was carried up and down the ice, but neither team played together well enough to overcome its opponents' defense.