TICKET SPECULATION.

Every year speculators reap a rich harvest from the sale of Yale game tickets--and no doubt they feel justified in earning their livelihood by this means. But the professional speculator is not on the last of those entitled to receive tickets, and we must conclude that a few graduates or undergraduates have sought to make their connection with the University a source of dishonorable profit. The temptation is no doubt greater for some than for others, but need of the proceeds does not justify this sort of ticket speculation.

Many of the tickets which change hands on the streets are thoughtlessly given by graduates to uninterested employees and persons who have none of the scruples of the original owner. This could easily be avoided if every legitimate possessor of a ticket who is unable to attend himself should return it to the Athletic Association, unless he can give it to some trustworthy friend.

We think it would be advisable to publish the names of all whose tickets are discovered in speculators hands. The "blacklist," however, should, by depriving all offenders of future privileges, be sufficient to deter any but the most unscrupulous from this unjustifiable practice.